Black Currant Rhubarb Dream Bars
Black currants, rhubarb and a bit of cinnamon make these bars especially delicious
- 9×13 inch pan
For the Base
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ⅓ cup butter softened
For the Topping
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 3 cups chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1 jar Plaid Shirt Farms Black Currant Tart filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix together 2 cups of flour, confectioners’ sugar and butter until it forms a dough, or at least the butter is in small crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven. While this bakes, whisk together the white sugar, salt, cinnamon, flour and eggs in a large bowl. Stir in rhubarb and black currant filling to coat. Spread evenly over the baked crust when it comes out of the oven.
- Bake for another 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until rhubarb is tender. Cool and cut into squares to serve.